Read more about the prizes of the 2021 competition.
1st prize: 30.000 euro
2nd prize: 20.000 euro
3rd prize: 10.000 euro
• Prize for best performance of Ørjan Matre's commisioned piece performed in the 2nd Round may be given after the 2nd Round: 1.500 euro
• Prize for best performance of a complete opus originally written for solo piano by Edvard Grieg performed in the 2nd Round or in the Semi-final may be given after the Semi-final: 3.000 euro
• Audience prize after the Final: 1.000 euro
• Orchestra's prize after the Final: 1.000 euro
• Semi-finalist prize: 1.500 euro
1st prize also includes:
• An engagement for a number of public concerts at Troldhaugen during the summer of 2022 as "Pianist of the Week"
• An invitation to perform a piano concerto with Kristiansand Symphony Orchestra in the Kilden Concert Hall, season 2022/2023
• A solo recital at Ringve Music Museum in Trondheim arranged by Trondheim Symphony Orchestra, season 2022/2023
• More engagements to be announced. Stay tuned!
Other engagements for participants:
• Competitors who do not advance to Round 2, and competitors who advance to Round 2, but do not advance to the Semi-final, will be given the opportunity to play on a concert in the Vestland County or in the city of Bergen, receiving a fee of 500 euro. Read more here.
All prizes and fees will be paid according to Norwegian tax regulations.
The foundation Stiftelsen Kristian Gerhard Jebsen is the main sponsor and the exclusive private contributor to the competition.