We offer a broad Audience Program for the International Edvard Grieg Piano Competition in September.
We hope this year's competition will become a great event, and in order to achieve this we need an enthusiastic audience!
The following public events will take place in Bergen during the International Edvard Grieg Piano Competition, September 1.–8, 2012.
- All the competition rounds at Troldhaugen
- Participation at "Find your finalist" - a daily informal listeners' forum where you can discuss the competition progress and the candidates with professional pianists and music professors (incl. light breakfast)
- Guided tour at Edvard Grieg's home Troldhaugen by museum docent Eilif B. Løtveit
- Concert-lecture with the pianist Einar Røttingen in Grieg's Villa
- Concert-lecture with the pianist Audun Kayser in Troldsalen
- Open masterclass with pianist and jury member Oxana Yablonskaya in Troldsalen
We also offer a discounted AUDIENCE PACKAGE including
- Dinner at Restaurant Bellevue with contestants and jury (only available as part of the Audience Package, value NOK 600)
- Ticket for the concert in Håkonshallen with the Canadian pianist and jury member Marc-André Hamelin (normal price NOK 300)
- Boat trip to Lysøen, home of the violinist Ole Bull, with Norwegian folk-music and traditional food (normal price NOK 300)
- Final in the Grieg Hall with Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra (middle price-class NOK 370, possible to choose another price-class)
- Competition closing party in the Grieg Hall, with light meal/refreshments (only available as part of the Audience Package, value NOK 200)
- A seat guarantee for all the competition rounds at Troldhaugen
The total price of the Audience Package is NOK 1600, and there is only a limited amount available. Booking at: email@example.com. The events included in the Audience Package all take place between Thursday evening and Saturday evening.
It is of course also possible to buy single tickets to the Hamelin concert, The Lysøen trip and the Final in the Grieg Hall separately, but without the total discount of the Audience Package. All events at Troldhaugen are free. We will organize a daily transport between Bergen city centre and Troldhaugen.
If you are not able to stay the whole week in Bergen, we suggest arrival on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning, with return on Sunday, which will include all events except for the first and second round of the competition.
For calendar of events and full Audience Program, follow this link